What is rDNS?
In computer networks, a reverse DNS lookup or reverse DNS resolution (rDNS) is the querying of the Domain Name System (DNS) to determine the domain name associated with an IP address – the reverse of the usual "forward" DNS lookup of an IP address from a domain name. The process of reverse resolving an IP address uses PTR records. The reverse DNS database of the Internet is rooted in the arpa top-level domain. -Wikipedia
To set rDNS records, just follow the simple steps below.
- Navigate to the main client area (https://www.spryservers.net/clients/clientarea.php)
- Click on "Services" [Picture]
- Click next to VPS in the list for which you wish to set rDNS for [Picture]
- Scroll down until and click the "Manage" button (this will take your to your SolusVM configuration panel) [Picture]
- Click the "Network" tab [Picture]
- For Setting IPv4 rDNS:
- For Setting IPv6 rDNS:
That's all there is to it!