What is rDNS?
In computer networks, a reverse DNS lookup or reverse DNS resolution (rDNS) is the querying of the Domain Name System (DNS) to determine the domain name associated with an IP address – the reverse of the usual "forward" DNS lookup of an IP address from a domain name. The process of reverse resolving an IP address uses PTR records. The reverse DNS database of the Internet is rooted in the arpa top-level domain. -Wikipedia
To set rDNS records, just follow the simple steps below.
- Navigate to the main client area (https://www.spryservers.net/clients/clientarea.php)
- Click on "Services" [Picture]
- Click next to the dedicated server in the list you wish to set rDNS for [Picture]
- Scroll down until you see the list of your IP addresses [Picture]
- Enter the DNS record for the IP you wish to set rDNS for [Picture]
- Scroll back to the top of the page and click "Save rDNS" [Picture]
That's all there is to it!